Aweber Review: My Experience As a Newbie
As soon as you start doing anything online you are going to need a way to grow you email list. I tried a few Autoresponders since starting online and I’m going to share my experience with Aweber so far as a newbie to email marketing.
In this Aweber Product Review
I am going to show you why you need and autoresponder, why you need Aweber for your business, what Aweber has to Offer that the Others Don’t, what my experiences have been like with them so far, and How to get started with Aweber, Today.
Building your email list is THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT thing you MUST do for your business, online or offline.
Most newbie online marketers make the mistake of not doing this right from the beginning for a myriad of reasons from:
- Autoresponders cost too much
- I don’t know how to write an email
- I don’t know how to integrate it with my website
- I don’t have a website, so I don’t need an autoresponder
- I can use the email system in my website for free
- I can use xyz program on my computer to send thousands of emails at a time.
- I’m an affiliate marketer, I use referral links, so I don’t need an autoresponder
- It’s just too hard to learn
The thing is, you are going to hear over and over again, especially online, “The Gold is in the List”. And it truly is, I cannot stress that enough. You need an autoresponder, period.
Who is Aweber and What Do They Do?
Of course, you probably already know that Aweber has been around since 1998, that’s like a million years in internet time that is, lol. They are located in Chalfont, PA which is fairly close to Philadelphia. So you know when you are working with them you are literally working with the best in the industry. Because really, how would they have survived this long if their product is crap?
- Integration with over 250 apps out there like Shopify, Paypal, WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- They integrate with so many types of applications it truly is not funny.
- If they don’t have an integration already setup with whatever platform you are using, they will make one for you.
- Email deliver-ability, it hits the inbox every time, not the SPAM filter.
- Over 700 templates for emails, newsletters, sales letters, bulletins. I mean seriously, I get lost in the template zone.
- Easy subscriber management, seriously easy, even I can do it. So you know its dead simple.
- Superhuman list segmentation right from the start, including tagging for better follow-up.
- Easy to Import subscribers from somewhere else, including your website if you have one.
- Cheaper than any other autoresponder out there considering all the features you get. Because:
- There is no “upgrade” to get all the awesome features
- Turn your RSS from your website into an auto email, every single day.
- AWESOME, I MEAN AWESOME, 24/7 customer support
Aweber VS MailChimp VS GetResponse VS Constant Contact
I know what you’re thinking, sitting there, reading this:
I mentioned customer support last since most reviews you will see lead with it. Here’s why:
- I have called customer support on the weekend in the middle of the night,
- I have called during daytime hours,
- I have called on holidays, banking holidays,
- National Holidays.
- I have called in the middle of the night with a newbie crisis of epic proportions.
- I have chatted online with them about everything imaginable, every problem, every brick wall I have hit.
Guess what? They were always T.H.E.R.E. and always, always helpful and kind no matter what kind of meltdown I was having. ALWAYS. SPOILER ALERT: Just for that they deserve more than $19 a month from me.
Now don’t tell Aweber, but I signed up to every one of the lists I created in my account. I signed up with disposable email accounts. I signed up with Yahoo mail. I signed up with Gmail. I signed up with abut half a dozen different accounts. Guess what? Every email hit the inbox. Every. single. one. When you are building your list, you HAVE to KNOW that the emails are going to stand every chance of being seen and opened by your subscribers. Why else would you send emails right?
These guys and gals have forgotten more than I’ll ever know about list segmentation. Believe me you want them on your team.
Aweber does have tons of videos on their site on how to do things, they even have a great webinar about the 6 emails you need to send to your list and they include the templates as well. So getting started is really easy. On top of that they have an email course delivered to you by EMAIL of course LOL, that teaches you how to get going.
What I like best about Aweber is though:
That I can reach somebody, day or night, holiday, weekend, literally anytime by phone, by chat. I get a real live human being that knows what the hell they are doing, to fix anything I messed up or to help me get thru something without messing it up.
That, that, is worth so much more to me than anything else because, as a newbie, I mess up alot. I mean like, ALOT.
I know, I gave a spoiler alert above. LOL Aweber does has several plans, for a newbie like me though the $19 a month for 500 subscribers is plenty.
Oh You have a bigger list?
Cool Beans! There are discounts available for quarterly or yearly payment.
- 501 – 2500 subscribers is an extra $10 (push me over, I’m gonna die) total $29 a month
- 2501- 5000 subscribers is an extra $30 total $49 a month
- 5001- 10,000 subscribers is an extra $50 total $69 a month
- 10,001 – 25,000 subscribers is an extra $130 total $149 a month